Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pandamania

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2019
My Macbook pro was closed and sitting on the table when my baby pulled it off and it hit the tile floor on the lower left hand corner. It dented the corner and broke my screen so I didn't use it for awhile until I could get the screen fixed.

However, it's been fixed for about a week and just now I felt my laptop getting kinda hot but I haven't heard the fan turn on and I haven't noticed if it's turned on in the last week. I could be overreacting but I am panicking a little just because I already spent a pretty penny to fix the screen.

Does anyone know if there's a way I can see if the fan's working without overheating my computer or opening up the bottom?

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
My Macbook pro was closed and sitting on the table when my baby pulled it off and it hit the tile floor on the lower left hand corner. It dented the corner and broke my screen so I didn't use it for awhile until I could get the screen fixed.

However, it's been fixed for about a week and just now I felt my laptop getting kinda hot but I haven't heard the fan turn on and I haven't noticed if it's turned on in the last week. I could be overreacting but I am panicking a little just because I already spent a pretty penny to fix the screen.

Does anyone know if there's a way I can see if the fan's working without overheating my computer or opening up the bottom?
iStat menus is a great app you can download that will tell you the temp and fan speed for you machine in your toolbar. You can either download a free trial from their website, or purchase the app directly from the App Store. I would try downloading it from the website, its the easiest and doesn't cost anything if you just want to try it out: istatmenus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.