Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

George Dawes

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
=VH=
Anyone else having this issue , it's al over reddit ?

The adaptive triggers at the front seem to be the main culprit , really badly made internals .

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
The controller stupid gimmick is an issue

in fifa and Spider-Man it has stuff that happens with the triggers. So in fifa 2021 when you run out of energy the triggers and super hard to press. I can see a little kid breaking it. At that point. Or over time that breaking.

the drift has me super worried. I absolutely hate the switch because of drift. I have had 3 switches plus 2 for my nieces. All have drift problems. I mean for me I have the pro controller. For a 6 year old that is way too big.

I don’t want gimmicks. I want something that works.

Reactions: George Dawes

Daniel K Colson

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2021
My first DualSense that came with PS5 started to drift after 2 months, after that I bought the Controller again and so far it is working great.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
My first DualSense that came with PS5 started to drift after 2 months, after that I bought the Controller again and so far it is working great.
‘Stick drifting’ is not uncommon with controllers. You just have to re-calibrate or repair the controller, which usually resolves the issue. I doubt it was fautly, unless you eliminated above steps for troubleshooting.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Wouldn't having to re-calibrate or REPAIR mean it was faulty?
Re-pair. Not repair, as in manually take apart. Basic troubleshooting steps of any PS5/SX controller.

It’s already happened to my Series X controller, where it had to be re-learned/re-paired with MFS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Khalanad75

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I had like 10 Nintendo Switch joy cons get drift and become unusable.....

gave up on the system. If the PS5 is 3 month old. Doesn't Sony have to send you a new controller if its actually a issue and not just a recalibrate

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.