Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jarlsson93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2023
Hello!

I have a problem with my Iphone11. The screen has been broken for a while, but recently the phone has started to click and swipe by itself. It seems that after I was out in the rain with the phone it behaved insane, but now it’s better again. But the problem still remains and it’s quite frustrating. Especially sometimes when I’m trying to write messages and it doesn’t click on the correct letters.

My main question is: Do you think that the problem will be solved if I let someone change the glass of my screen? Cause I don’t want to fix the glass if the iPhone won’t be any good anyway.

What do you think?
Thanks!

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2017
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I'm certain the problems are related to the broken glass. You'd probably be best off getting a whole screen replacement to be safe, not just the glass, as the broken glass could have compromised / caused damage to the screen itself.

johnadams09872

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2023
If your phone screen is broken and clicking by itself, it is likely a hardware issue. You should take it to a repair shop to get it fixed. It could be a faulty component, or it could be that the screen is just damaged. In either case, a professional should be able to diagnose and repair the issue.

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
When a screen is damaged get it replaced ASAP it almost always leads to issues later on, likely what is causing the random clicks.

Jarlsson93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2023
Thanks a lot everyone! I will replace the screen and glass and hopefully it will work 🙏

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.