Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anna_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2022
I've had my Macbook Air since 2020 after my last computer broke. It was great in the beginning, worked super fast and had no real issues with it. Now a year and a bit down the line it's starting to act up. Tad slower, overheating, etc. I've always made sure to use it on flat surfaces, so overheating wasn't the main issue. Every time I try to play games (mostly sims) it shuts down after 30 mins ish of use. I took a video of what it looked like after I restarted it. it got SUPER slow and laggy before I restarted it. Any suggestions would be great, Idk what to search up to fix it haha. Many thanks :)

Attachments

• IMG_29DF34FC12FD-1.jpeg
    IMG_29DF34FC12FD-1.jpeg
    843.6 KB · Views: 143

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
I am assuming this is an M1 Mac. I would do an iCloud back up and make sure to back up anything really important manually. Then I would go into the recovery and be sure to erase the ssd first then install Mac OS. This will clean the hard drive and reinstall the Operating system. Once you have completed this the machine should run normally. If you are still having screen issues then you will know it is hardware related and not software.

If you have a hardware failure take it to an Apple store and explain what happened and it is possible they may fix it for free or for a low cost hopefully!! Good Luck!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.