Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Visual360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2022
Seems like Siri is breaking overnight. Only fix I can do is to turn my phone off and on again. This will work, and then the next day it will be the same problem. Siri, would start, and disappear right away, or it will start, and then would say "something went wrong, try again later..."

I'm on iPhone 14 pro max, running iOS 16.03. I'm hoping this will be fix on 16.1. :(

Thanks.

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
My Siri stopped working also and I saw a tip to switch the Siri voice and it started working again for me. Apparently Apple is aware and working on a fix. I hope it's included in 16.1 and will find out on Monday!

golfnut1982

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2014
Chicago, IL
My Siri stopped working also and I saw a tip to switch the Siri voice and it started working again for me. Apparently Apple is aware and working on a fix. I hope it's included in 16.1 and will find out on Monday!

Wow that actually worked. American Siri was fine one day then not. Now I have a fine Irish Lass talking to me!

Reactions: Tagbert

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
Wow that actually worked. American Siri was fine one day then not. Now I have a fine Irish Lass talking to me!
Yes, it seems like a cached file can be corrupted causing Siri to crash. Switching to another voice will rebuild that file. So will switching back if you prefer.

Reactions: golfnut1982
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.