Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Hello everyone,

I have a broken (in a way that the warranty would cover) Wacom tablet that is less than 1 year old. Wacom's website says that in order for the warranty to be in effect, I would have had to have registered it within 30 days after purchase, which I'm fairly certain I didn't do.

Is there anything that I can do, or am I out of luck?

How likely are they to give into the circumstances if I describe them?

Alternatively, if anyone knows how to fix it, that would be even better. I essentially just plugged it in today and the light on the tablet didn't turn on and it just didn't work. I pushed some buttons on the tablet and the "Bamboo Dock" software launched on my computer, but the tablet was still unusable. It's a Bamboo Capture, model number CTH470.

Thanks

Last edited:

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Basic question. Have you tried a different USB port (not through a hub) and different lead? It's worth a try.

Yeah, I tried that, but to no success. I tried another computer too, but nothing. I'll send an email to Wacom to see if they can do anything for me.

Thanks for the reply though.

----------

After digging through my cable drawer, I found another one to use, which seemed to resolve the problem. I have no idea why the current one would have stopped working, since it was just sitting there, but whatever.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
it doesn't matter about what the website says, if you have your original receipts for proof of purchase then it's covered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.