Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Yeah, I just got mine and am trying to set it up now.
The App Store is a mess.
If anyone knows of another way to see/view/read about the new Apple TV apps, please advise.
THANK YOU!

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
The only way to browse the app store is to put in a single letter in the search function and see what apps pop up. Do that 26 times. LOL. It took me over an hour. Craziness.

RollTide1017

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2009
Montgomery, AL
Yep, that's the only way... it sucks.

I think they should let us see tvOS apps in the App Store on our iPhones, even allow us to purchase or get them using our phones and have them automatically download to the AT. I can buy a game from the PSN store while at work and it will already be on my PS4 when I get home, some thing similar to that should be available with the Apple TV.

Reactions: shacky

chuckm1020

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2009
I am loving the new Apple TV. But why don't they have a Categories section in the App Store like all the other devices. I see this changing in a future update though.

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
I am loving the new Apple TV. But why don't they have a Categories section in the App Store like all the other devices. I see this changing in a future update though.

Yea and very soon too. I think they'd have this ironed out by Christmas.

seamusk

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
I assume it's coming. A Categories section is shown in the demo in September and it's mentioned in the user guide (in a weird way that reflects that they disabled it). If I had to guess, they were concerned about people clicking on a category and seeing only one or two apps. So I suspect that once they get over a certain number of apps that will take care of itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.