Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Out of interest….What’s the preferred? Safari is just so not great on it. But could be my older MBP. Any of you use file sites to download older versions of Brave, and know the last one that worked on Sierra. Downloaded latest and it obviously doesn’t. Or just know a better browser. Fed up of Chrome amping up the fans for the simplest of asks

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Chromium Legacy, there's a link on this page that will download it and auto update to new versions:

Are these all considered secure in comparison with current versions of the usual Safari, Chrome etc.
I never felt Safari was a safe browser when I first started using it, it let in more malware than any other browser back in the Snow Leopard days, and I wouldn't even think about using it with Sierra.

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
Chromium-legacy is equivalent to chrome canary and is updated nearly every day.

The UXP based browsers are updated monthly with custom and firefox based patches.

All are more secure than 10.12's old safari.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Chromium-legacy is equivalent to chrome canary and is updated nearly every day.

The UXP based browsers are updated monthly with custom and firefox based patches.

All are more secure than 10.12's old safari.
Thanks, sorry I missed this

Reactions: wicknix
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.