Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hi-Fi The fox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
I'll start with the basics to know:
I have setup Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit using the Boot Camp Assistant on my 2.4Ghz 2008 black MacBook running 10.7.5. The Windows installation is completely working but lacking the extra functions (Multi touch, keyboard functions, etc.). I had also created the Windows support disk to use these functions, then I started running into problems.

In Windows I ran the x64 installation and it goes through loading all the drivers and necessary items just fine. Once it was complete I rebooted the system and several seconds after the Windows flag animation it gets the BSOD(Blue screen of death).

The error code displayed is 0x000000F4, a hard drive error as far as I know. I am aware that the files AppleHFS and AppleMNT are know causes but even after changing the file type and even deleting them I'm still stuck with the same problem.

Some other things that might be worth noting are:
It will also crash trying to boot in safe mode and I can only fix the problem by launching start-up repair then telling it to restore the system to before the Boot Camp Assistant was installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.