Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mohnumber7

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2020
Montréal
After having finally succeeded in installing Monterey under OC's martin lo V0.9.7, and installing the new wifi/bluetooth card, everything works well under BigSur, the wifi displays the new standard (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) and the bluetooth standard 4.2. I applied the changes requested by martin lo to the config.plist file. and as you see on these system reports, on BigSur everything works fine, and the system displays the updated versions, but on Monterey, only wifi is activated, and not bluetooth. I was advised to set Bluetooth-Spoof.kext to true and BlueToolFixup.kext to true, but still bluetooth remains disabled on monterey while it works well on BigSur. is there anything else to activate? I specify that if I do not apply the two modifications of Martin Lo to make the legacy card work, no wifi or bluetooth everywhere (Bigsur and Monterey). Please enlighten me on this.

Attachments

• BT-monterey.jpg
    BT-monterey.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 121
  • wifi-bigsur.jpg
    wifi-bigsur.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 38
  • BT-bigsur.jpg
    BT-bigsur.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 39
  • BT4.2.jpg
    BT4.2.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 38
  • wifi-Monterey.jpg
    wifi-Monterey.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 42

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Please try SMC reset. Your card should be supported natively. However, may suffer from USB issue. SMC reset usually can help to fix this kind of issue.

mohnumber7

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2020
Montréal
Please try SMC reset. Your card should be supported natively. However, may suffer from USB issue. SMC reset usually can help to fix this kind of issue.
Hi, if it's an usb issue, why it works perfectly with BigSur? I found the solution, it's about the config.plist.

When I keep only BlueToolFixup.kext on TRUE, and left Bluetooth-Spoof.kext on FALSE, the bluetooth works on Monterey, but when I inverse, BT don’t works.

So the solution for me is to keep Bluetooth-Spoof.kext on FALSE and change BlueToolFixup.kext to TRUE.

But check out the report below to see which version I'm on with this tweek. it's different from 4.2 that is available in BigSur.

I notice too that if I reboot into BigSur with this tweek, I've not bluetooth, only wifi, so I guess I need to modify the config.plist depending on the OS I'm using, BigSur or Monterey.

Hopes it will help other guys with the same issue.

Thanks for your help guys.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2024-02-11 à 23.28.46.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2024-02-11 à 23.28.46.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 26

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Hi, if it's an usb issue, why it works perfectly with BigSur?
Because the USB support for Big Sur and Monterey are different.

I found the solution, it's about the config.plist.

When I keep only BlueToolFixup.kext on TRUE, and left Bluetooth-Spoof.kext on FALSE, the bluetooth works on Monterey, but when I inverse, BT don’t works.

So the solution for me is to keep Bluetooth-Spoof.kext on FALSE and change BlueToolFixup.kext to TRUE.

But check out the report below to see which version I'm on with this tweek. it's different from 4.2 that is available in BigSur.

I notice too that if I reboot into BigSur with this tweek, I've not bluetooth, only wifi, so I guess I need to modify the config.plist depending on the OS I'm using, BigSur or Monterey.
It's good to see that you found the solution, nven the upgraded card should work natively without those kext activated. But since everyone's setup is slightly different, especially we are not all using the same source for BT/Wifi card upgrade. So, may be your case really need that BlueToolFixup.kext. And this is the reason why I put them into the package, but keep them disabled by default. Just in case someone need it.

But one thing still doesn't match.

If you check my config, you should see that MinKernel is 21.0.0 for BlueToolFixup.kext. Which means, even you turn it ON, this kext won't be loaded in Big Sur, and should not cause BT to stop working in Big Sur.

TBH, I am still in doubt if BlueToolFixup.kext is really the solution. There are few users feedback about dual boot Big Sur and Monterey. And BT occasionally stop working after reboot to another OS. I am still suspect this is your primary issue. They usually can get the BT back by doing one more reboot. May be after you mod the OC config, and that "one more reboot" is actually the action which fixed the issue, but not really the kext related (as I said, BlueToolFixup.kext won't be loaded in Big Sur anyway due to that MinKernel setting).

In some cases, a SMC reset is required (or the quickest way) to recover the BT function. In those cases, if not doing SMC reset, keep rebooting the cMP usually can also bring back the BT, but may need 5-6 reboots.

mohnumber7

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2020
Montréal
Because the USB support for Big Sur and Monterey are different.

It's good to see that you found the solution, nven the upgraded card should work natively without those kext activated. But since everyone's setup is slightly different, especially we are not all using the same source for BT/Wifi card upgrade. So, may be your case really need that BlueToolFixup.kext. And this is the reason why I put them into the package, but keep them disabled by default. Just in case someone need it.

But one thing still doesn't match.

If you check my config, you should see that MinKernel is 21.0.0 for BlueToolFixup.kext. Which means, even you turn it ON, this kext won't be loaded in Big Sur, and should not cause BT to stop working in Big Sur.

TBH, I am still in doubt if BlueToolFixup.kext is really the solution. There are few users feedback about dual boot Big Sur and Monterey. And BT occasionally stop working after reboot to another OS. I am still suspect this is your primary issue. They usually can get the BT back by doing one more reboot. May be after you mod the OC config, and that "one more reboot" is actually the action which fixed the issue, but not really the kext related (as I said, BlueToolFixup.kext won't be loaded in Big Sur anyway due to that MinKernel setting).

In some cases, a SMC reset is required (or the quickest way) to recover the BT function. In those cases, if not doing SMC reset, keep rebooting the cMP usually can also bring back the BT, but may need 5-6 reboots.
thanks for all these informations and your time, I'll put off BigSur in some days and I'll do some test, SMC reset, some boots to see if I can get it working without moding the config.plist file. so thanks your for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.