Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I searched high and low on the internet a couple months ago for definitive information on using BT headsets with Tiger and didn't find much, so I thought I'd post this.

The logitech mobile freedom headset http://www.provantage.com/logitech-980228-0403~7LGTA020.htm works perfectly with Tiger for Skype. You simply have to pair the headset and computer with either built in bluetooth or the D-link adapter that Apple sells (make sure that you have the latest BT firmware first!) and then go to system preferences and change the audio input and output to the headset. You may also have to change the audio preferences in Skype or whatever program you are using it for.

The headset sounds great; my converstations from Michigan to Madrid, Spain have been very clear. This headset adds mobility and privacy to Skype.

Feel free to post other headsets that have been confirmed to work with Tiger. I chose my headset because it is the cheapest one that I found ($36)

If anyone wants more details instructions or has any questions, let me know

FireArse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
Sony HBH-65

debroglie said:
Feel free to post other headsets that have been confirmed to work with Tiger. I chose my headset because it is the cheapest one that I found ($36)

I used Skype with my Sony Ericsson HBH-65 early last year to call Barbados from the UK. Quality is crystal clear and reliable. Perfect. Simply change input and output settings when paired as a headset.

FireArse

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
I have the Plantronics M2500, but that really sucks with my G5 dual 1.8. It's irreliable (it keeps quitting, if it works alltogether, my mac doesn't see it, or it sees it, and it's paired, but it keeps closing the connection), if it works the other people here the cracking noise all the time and I sound very very far away, so that they almost don't here me. This could also be the problem because I have one of the first bluetooth modules in my G5, the standard one from Apple, built in by Apple, but it uses bluetooth 1.0. Just wondering if more people have this experience with either bluetooth 1.0 or the Plantronics M2500??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.