Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SinbadtheSailor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Hello all,

I'm trying to remove a BT home hub 4 and replace it with an airport extreme, I am however hitting a brick wall with connectivity at the last stage to the internet. I can get it to work using the AE in bridge mode and using the HH4 as the DHCP server but like I say this is not the setup I intend.

Extensive googling hasn't shown up anything useful as you will see from the attached pics below some sort of connection to the BT servers is being made, however it claims the internet itself is disconnected.

So the setup is:

Wall ----> White BT "Openreach" Modem -------> AE WAN port

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 10.05.20.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 10.06.06.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 10.06.21.png

SinbadtheSailor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
I have resolved this if anyone has the same problem I'm putting the answer here so it may come up in a search.

The AE subnet 10.0.1.x settings must be changed to 192.168.1.x range and the DHCP lease renewed on your devices. All working well now.

I would like to take credit but it was solved by someone more knowledgable than I.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-B...with-Airport-Extreme-Replace-HH4/td-p/1519275

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.