Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

user1234

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Sweden
Hi!

I have this issue when using my Magic Keyboard with my iPad, that when I try to move my cursor to edit text in a textbox on some websites, the browser will scroll down. It does this both with right and left arrows, as well as up and down.

This makes it very difficult to edit text with an external keyboard attached. When using the on screen keyboard I always use the two finger trackpad trick to precisely position my cursor, but with the keyboard I can’t use that, and feel that it would be faster to just use the arrow keys together with suitable modifiers.

Does anyone else have this issue with iOS 11.3? It happens in a lot of comment fields, and it didn’t happen in this textbox I’m writing this in, until just now. It now jumps down one page per keypress until it reaches the bottom. A quick google search suggest that this is a know problem, but most posts are dated back to the days of iOS 10.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi!

I have this issue when using my Magic Keyboard with my iPad, that when I try to move my cursor to edit text in a textbox on some websites, the browser will scroll down. It does this both with right and left arrows, as well as up and down.

This makes it very difficult to edit text with an external keyboard attached. When using the on screen keyboard I always use the two finger trackpad trick to precisely position my cursor, but with the keyboard I can’t use that, and feel that it would be faster to just use the arrow keys together with suitable modifiers.

Does anyone else have this issue with iOS 11.3? It happens in a lot of comment fields, and it didn’t happen in this textbox I’m writing this in, until just now. It now jumps down one page per keypress until it reaches the bottom. A quick google search suggest that this is a know problem, but most posts are dated back to the days of iOS 10.
Sounds like it might be related or similar to what's been brought up at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/async-frame-scrolling-breaks-the-response-box.2112537/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.