Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baboo2

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
Toronto
I got a Mx 5000 BT(bluetooth) keyboard/mouse set and after the update my logitech program just lost sight of the whole mouse

My mouse still works thankfully but without any of the extra buttons but more importantly the SCROLL!

Anyonee else facing this problem or better yet found aSOLUTION?

Simon

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
I can't even get mine to do anything. If you choose to turn on the BlueTooth discovery on, it will give you an error. I hope they fix this soon.

Is there a way go back to my last BootCamp update? I'd like to use my bluetooth mouth once again.

ironic23

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
baboo2 said:
I got a Mx 5000 BT(bluetooth) keyboard/mouse set and after the update my logitech program just lost sight of the whole mouse

My mouse still works thankfully but without any of the extra buttons but more importantly the SCROLL!

Anyonee else facing this problem or better yet found aSOLUTION?

Simon

happened to me too using my BT Might Mouse. ARgh... Kinda sucks....

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
If you have your old drivers, reinstall them, and it should work fine. That's what I did. My mouse seems to be workin' perfectly. Good luck to you all.

vv-tim

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2006
Same problem with my Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer for BT.

I tried reinstalling IntelliPoint to no avail... :/

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
vv-tim said:
Same problem with my Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer for BT.

I tried reinstalling IntelliPoint to no avail... :/

Did you try reinstalling the old Macintosh drivers?

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2002
me too, with my brand new bluetooth mighty mouse. tried system restore and i can't' use mouse at all! stupidly thought i could delete and reinstall, but can't find the bluetooth installer....

does anyone remember where to find the bluetooth installer for the macbook pro, way back from before bootcamp days???

tanks,
r.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2002
i'm really pissed! my productivity is nil without the ability to scroll while 3d modeling! what a waste!

can't find my old driver install disk from whenever ago.... this is a stupid error by apple....

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2002
well, two hours after i was supposed to actually BEGIN working, i now have a working bluetooth mighty mouse scroll wheel....

though fumbling, completely deleted the hid mouse driver, reinstalled from bootcamp 1.1 driver disk, and it works. huh.

r.

vv-tim

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2006
So... remove the mouse driver and reinstall Bootcamp Drivers?

I'll give it a try.

scanlanlee

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2006
Ireland
ok - i have the BT510 mouse and the same problem.

I hate to say this, but bootcamp is still beta.

I did notice that the 'old' devices hadn't been updated, but appeared to have been added again and this was causing conflicts.

So my solution was simple.....:eek:

I formatted the windows partition and did a clean install (after removing all the important files of course) and the mouse installed first time.
Another 2 hours of my life wasted, but until Bootcamp comes out of beta, i think that we should get used to re-installing windows :mad:

vv-tim

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2006
scanlanlee said:
ok - i have the BT510 mouse and the same problem.

I hate to say this, but bootcamp is still beta.

I did notice that the 'old' devices hadn't been updated, but appeared to have been added again and this was causing conflicts.

So my solution was simple.....:eek:

I formatted the windows partition and did a clean install (after removing all the important files of course) and the mouse installed first time.
Another 2 hours of my life wasted, but until Bootcamp comes out of beta, i think that we should get used to re-installing windows :mad:

Formatting my hard drive is not what I call a solution :]

vv-tim

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2006
Well I tried uninstalling the HID and input devices then reinstalling bootcamp drivers... now my mouse won't even connect to BlueTooth.

Ah well...

anothersite

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2006
scanlanlee said:
<clipped>
No. Reinstalling Windows early and often is what you do when you run Windows. :( Even when Boot Camp comes out of Beta, you will be reinstalling Windows often. Good Apple hardware does not make Windows good.

TurboLag

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2004
Thats funny. My MX900 wouldnt scroll in 1.0, now that I installed 1.1, the scroll works!

baboo2

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
Toronto
Wow, IT WORKS AGAIN! do follow jarbl's steps. I had to reinstall the bluetooth drivers twice or something but the whlole process only took 15minutes tops. Great , thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.