Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rokey

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2011
NC
I am seeking App recommendations: Budget Forecasting Apps.

Currently I use an app on my Mac called "Squirrel," and it is quite a pleasure to use with its more than satisfactory list of features.

What I can do now (and am looking for an iOS [iPad] App to replace it) is: Create many Scheduled Expenses/Incomes that recur, and then forecast those over any length of time that I choose.

Example: Mortgage, first of each month, -$1577; Paycheck, every second Friday, +$x; Groceries, every Thursday, $120; Professional License Fee, every 3 years on June 1, $200; Etc; Add a line item for my current checking account balance. Then, at any time I can look at what my forecasted checking account balance will be after any expense or income. Thus I can see if i can afford that vacation, or new car, etc.

(Squirrel is great, if you want to do this all on a Mac. Though, I would like to move this task to an iPad... if anyone has a recommended app for this, please share.)

dfgddikf

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2015
I simply use Excel. Offers most flexibility and you can open the files on a PC as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.