Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I am hard of hearing with severe hearing loss in both ears requiring me to wear hearing aids.

As a Technical Manager for my employers, I spend a lot of time on video meetings/calls and have been using an Anker Soundcore speaker to give greater volume capabilities than that of my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad 14 G2 GRE) and my external monitors (electriq 27" 2k).

I note of late that my Anker Soundcore is not performing as well as it has and I would like to replace it with a SoundBar.

Can anyone offer any recommendations for a budget soundbar (upto £50.00 GBP)

I quite like the look of the Trust range on Amazon... Arys / Asto / Lino

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
For that budget you'll probably just have to research and find your own like you've already listed. Just not a lot of reputable brands in that category and for good reason. Personally, I would get a Sonos device as it has the option to boost speech/vocals during playback so it would be a good option if you're hard of hearing yet it's way outside your budget. Maybe find something on the used market wherever you live?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.