Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi all,

i think I discovered a bug, and I’m VERY curious if others have experienced this too with their choice of fitness app.

Devices:
iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 8, iPhone 12 mini
Apple Watch Nike+ S6, S5

App:
Strong

Issue: Apple iOS Fitness App logs incorrect data in Movement and Exercise due to time running in your workout app of choice.

Criteria:
Run your 3rd party fitness app of choice that has enabled to write data as a source to iOS Fitness/Health data. It doesn’t matter the length of your entire exercise nor how many exercises are within, weights, reps or rest periods. Simply run the app for 5mins+ and just don’t bother exercising.

Now if you SAVE/COMPLETE the exercise then the time recorded and any movement data from the Watch (or the iOS workout app you have) will properly log the workout in Fitness as normal.

BUT … if you run the exercise app and do nothing just watch a movie or do your daily routine NOT exercise related in any way … and CANCEL the workout … the Fitness API will still LOG the data and update your RINGs as if you actually completed the workout. That’s what I’m finding on the WatchOS app Strong. I’ve writen into them and their looking into the issue - but most likely will ask for logs from me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.