Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MallardDuck

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2014
So, downloaded (from my mac) content is no longer alphabetized on my iPad. It’s making it painful to scroll through dozens of items to try to find what I’m looking for. Anyone else seeing this? I can’t believe it was intentional, and with all the issues over the years with local media library corruption I can’t be 100% sure it’s in the app, or something else.

Assuming it is an tv app bug, until Apple fixes it, any suggestions on a replacement media player for locally synced (non-drm) content in the media library? Haven’t been happy with the tv app anyway since it’s so streaming focused. To be specific, not one that has its own content. I want it to play content that I sync from my Mac out of the existing, built in media library. For example, vlc can’t do that as far as I can find.

Last edited:

MallardDuck

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2014
Yes, but it doesn’t show the synced content from the tv app media library, even with that turned on in settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.