Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
So, I get a strange face message, and it's not showing the current track. Then, when it DOES show the track, it's often the earlier track and it seems stuck on it for a while.

If I click to 'close' the Music applet on the AW, and then touch the red spot at 12:00, it usually still comes up with the odd (wish I had taken a picture of it) screen, not showing the current track. I restarted the iPhone, and AW, and it hasn't gotten better.

Is this the 'Apple Music Bug' I've heard about? Any one else having this issue? How'd you fix it. or is it still broken?

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
I play music on the iPhone and the Apple Watch correctly shows the current track. I can play/pause, skip track with the buttons on the watch. But the bottom row icons do nothing and turning the crown shows the change of volume but it doesn't actually change it.

This is with iPhone 13 mini iOS 15.0.1 and Watch Series 4 watchOS 8

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Hmm. This is weird. I just tried, twice, to see if I can recreate this issue and get a picture of the AW, and it seems to work fine. I'm not using the Beats Studio Buds though. Next step, try with the buds connected...

And...

It works fine. But yesterday, it was up to its old misbehavior. I'll check it later when I get all set for the grand sweat of the day... It's just weird, as sometimes it seems to be spot on, and yet most of the time it just plays coy with following the iPhone.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, AW4, Beats Studio Buds, confused lab rat.

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
I play music on the iPhone and the Apple Watch correctly shows the current track. I can play/pause, skip track with the buttons on the watch. But the bottom row icons do nothing and turning the crown shows the change of volume but it doesn't actually change it.

This is with iPhone 13 mini iOS 15.0.1 and Watch Series 4 watchOS 8
I restarted the Watch now, and now I'm able to control the volume using the crown again.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I restarted the Watch now, and now I'm able to control the volume using the crown again.

And, as if by magic, my AW4 shows the tracks playing now, after that last mini update. At least so far. It's obvious that they need to do more testing on these releases, but to be fair, nothing tests like shipping software. So that makes is 'gamma testers'?

It seems to be fixed. Happy days...

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
And, as if by magic, my AW4 shows the tracks playing now, after that last mini update. At least so far. It's obvious that they need to do more testing on these releases, but to be fair, nothing tests like shipping software. So that makes is 'gamma testers'?

It seems to be fixed. Happy days...

Normally when playing music on the iPhone the music app on the watch would be open all the time, but now I see the watch face and normally when the watch face shows and music is playing on the iPhone, there would be a tiny music icon at the top middle of the watch face which opens the music app, but that's missing now.
If I open the music app I can see whats playing and control the volume. But after 1 or 2 tracks the watch is back to watch face.
Very annoying.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Normally when playing music on the iPhone the music app on the watch would be open all the time, but now I see the watch face and normally when the watch face shows and music is playing on the iPhone, there would be a tiny music icon at the top middle of the watch face which opens the music app, but that's missing now.
If I open the music app I can see whats playing and control the volume. But after 1 or 2 tracks the watch is back to watch face.
Very annoying.

Is it paired properly? But I did have an incident a few times earlier in the year where they appeared to not want to play well together. Once it was due to my iPad stealing the music connection, and I didn't realize it. Sneaky...

I was playing my 'team angry music' workout playlist, and something came up that wasn't in that list, so I checked my AW4 and it had no clue what was going on (no Music app running, or charm at the top either), next checked iPhone, and it wasn't playing anything. Then I checked my Mac Mini, and it wasn't playing anything either, and it was the damned iPad Air(head). I did have the Mac Mini steal the connection a couple of times, but that swaperoo game ended quite a while ago, or so I thought. Heck, one time my IMP took over as guest DJ and I nearly lost it. I do NOT want Mozart and Beethoven playing when I'm supposed to be putting it all out on a workout. It's just not normal...

But like I said, it hasn't tripped out except for that one time recently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.