Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toram

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Hi there !
The remote app doesn't work for me.
When i tap the pin on Apple TV screen, the TV says it paired with my watch. But Apple watch always show "add device +"

Ps: sorry for my english. I'm french

kybldmstr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Hi there !
When i tap the pin on Apple TV screen, the TV says it paired with my watch. But Apple watch always show "add device +"

Mine is doing the same thing. Let me know please if you figure out a solution.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Hi there !

Mine works fine for both of my Apple TVs and my music collection on my Mac.

By the way your English is a lot better than a lot of the Americans on here.

Reactions: Sikh and PirateP

mdawid

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
I am having the same issue. My watch shows up on the Apple TV, I enter the 4 digit code and then nothing happens. I'm brought back to the main screen to add a device. My tv shows that I'm connected. I hope someone has a work around. Thanks.

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
Mine seemed to work with no error at all. I never had to put in a four digit code like a few of you have said. Just make sure you have home sharing on and that you are using the same Apple ID that's being used on the Apple TV. I also use it on my phone and have logged on in that app, that could be the reason it worked right away

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
I haven't received my watch yet to set it up, but from what people are saying it sounds like there are two ways to connect the watch to your ATV. The code is probably via Bluetooth whilst others are using Homesharing which will be via wifi.

Homesharing is probably the better option if you can use it with your setup.

mdawid

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
I finally got it to work. I had to reset my watch and then it worked. This was the recommended advice from my local friendly Apple Store employee.

coolerkid

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2015
Was doing the same for me. Rebooted my AppleTV and it started working. Don't really care for the Remote app though. It's easier to the use the physical one. The app takes too long to find and load, and the buttons get hit accidentally when the screen turns on unintentionally sometimes. Also, the play button is so tiny.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.