Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kay_Ess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2022
Hi there!

Very often the typing sound of my iPhone 14 Pro Max gets extremely loud. This mainly happens when switching language keyboards or trying to edit a text. I see no preview function here but if you’d go to another website and type something and then preview it and then go back to the text box, there is a pretty big chance the typing sound is suddenly extremely loud. I think this bug has existed for more than a year, maybe it’s been there since I got the phone.

Apple Support won’t acknowledge the issue and will only suggest resetting to factory settings which I’ve done twice now.

How do I get this fixed? I don’t really want to send it in for repairs and then get it back 3 months later without a fix.

Does Apple give you a loaner iPhone for issues like these? I think it’s software so it won’t help but I don’t want to be without an iPhone for longer periods of time.

Thanks!
K.

JonnyMacx86

macrumors regular
Staff member
Feb 10, 2024
Halifax, NS
My advice; turn off keyboard sounds and turn on keyboard haptics. This is my preferred config.
IMG_93ECCE50CCE1-1.jpeg

Kay_Ess

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2022
Thank you!
I was at Settings -> Keyboard, haha.

I’ll give this a go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.