Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RodrigoSa7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2016
Hey guys, new here! I just got the iphone 5s and i noticed then when i am in a call with someone my mic stops working while i'm in speaker mode, they hear me for a bit, but after a few seconds it stops working! Any ideas? Is a bug? I'm on iOS 9.3.1.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So the microphone works fine when you are not on speakerphone (just using the phone normally or using headphones/Bluetooth)? What about if you talk to Siri or perhaps if you are recording a video (or maybe using FaceTime if you could try that with someone), does the same thing happen?

Have you tried restarting your device? Perhaps resetting network settings if not all settings?

RodrigoSa7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2016
I just tried with FaceTime and Siri works great! Just with the calls it bugs out or something.
I restarted the device, and everything was the same, still bugged. I didn't try to reset all the settings, but i'm thinking about going to the store and return it to get a new one, or swapping i mean.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just tried with FaceTime and Siri works great! Just with the calls it bugs out or something.
I restarted the device, and everything was the same, still bugged. I didn't try to reset all the settings, but i'm thinking about going to the store and return it to get a new one, or swapping i mean.
Always an option. Strange though that it would only be with calls and would work fine with FaceTime and Siri (and perhaps video/audio recording). You can also try checking the noise cancellation option in the general settings (perhaps under accessibility) to see if toggling it on or off might change something. In case it's something carrier related maybe taking your SIM out and putting it back in might do the trick (somewhat similar to resetting network settings, which does a bit more in some sense).

RodrigoSa7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2016
Always an option. Strange though that it would only be with calls and would work fine with FaceTime and Siri (and perhaps video/audio recording). You can also try checking the noise cancellation option in the general settings (perhaps under accessibility) to see if toggling it on or off might change something. In case it's something carrier related maybe taking your SIM out and putting it back in might do the trick (somewhat similar to resetting network settings, which does a bit more in some sense).

Hello there! I just got back from the store, and they said that could be those screen protectors that came by default, i took them off, and seems to be working fine! A bit odd, but it's working :D

Thanks for the help.
Best Regards!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.