Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlmightyKang

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2023
Hi all. Been using my domain on iCloud+ for about 2 years. In the last couple of months I'm having deliverability problems to my domain.

Firstly I added an alias to sign up for an AWS account. The email address I set up gets a bounce back from outlook.com of 550 5.1.6 user no longer on system:user@domain.com even though it was created literally hours beforehand.

Secondly on the primary address, Discord says there's a delivery problem with the address. I can send to that address from outlook.com + O365 + Fastmail fine but it's rejecting everything from Discord.

Also I set up a domain for someone else the other day and everything broke. Nothing was deliverable. I had to delete the whole domain and add it again twice. Eventually it worked.

Anyone else seen this or do I need to go bitch at Apple?

AlmightyKang

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2023
Well I finally figured this one out and very boring it is.

Just wait 4-6 hours after adding an alias and it'll start working. Looks like there are some delay / sync issues with aliases added to custom domains.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.