Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

livmatus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2020
Hello folks. I couldn't find a correct forum (some general discussion about Apple products ... maybe I am blind) for this topic hence I am posting it here. (in case a Mod finds a better forum, be my guest and I apologize)

I moved to the "ecosystem" a few years ago and now I own all the stuff you can see in my signature. I've also recently I migrated my smart home accessories to HomeKit ... it all together has cost me thousands of dollars (converted from the currency here).

Regarding Apple products everyone says "it just works". However I constantly run to annoying and hard to resolve / unresolvable bugs all the time.

I'll name a few:
- Siri on my HomePod minis wants to trigger long deleted shortcuts - so I cannot say certain phrases to control my lights
- AirPods Pro keep triggering pairing mode everytime I open the case near my iPhone
- Night Shift in macOS doesn't work properly with my ThinkVision P44w-10 monitor (I am using F.lux now ... it's better anyway)
- the annoying problem with DP connected monitors not waking up I had with my old Mac mini (there's a whole long thread somewhere on the forums - it affects all Intel minis ... not sure about the M1 .. I don't follow the thread anymore)
- SideCar display connection keeps crashing (on both my 12.9" M1 iPad ... and also on my late Air 3 that I no longer own)
- Safari on macOS going wild when I want to move a tab from or to another Safari window (not happening as frequently now)

I was a software tester myself. Not that I wouldn't liek to work for Apple ... but what the hell is going on there with their testing? These are all basic use cases of their products and they are not able to get it working properly for users who paid a fortune to use it.

Or am I using it wrong?

What do you think about all of this?

Happy discussion everyone.

Reactions: Canubis and max2

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
The problems always seem to start when companies diversify away from the product(s) they originally set out to deliver and which they were best known for, in order to chase another market they didn't create. With a different head on I'm a volunteer mod for a certain company who for years was well known for making probably the best vintage-synth VSTs money could buy. Then they diversified into hardware synths (though keeping an interest in the VST space). And now their forum is divided into two conflicting camps: VST people complaining the companies' core products don't receive enough focus anymore, and the hardware-synth people complaining the company's hardware products don't receive enough attention on account of the crappy VSTs which they don't want.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Hello folks. I couldn't find a correct forum (some general discussion about Apple products ... maybe I am blind) for this topic hence I am posting it here. (in case a Mod finds a better forum, be my guest and I apologize)

I moved to the "ecosystem" a few years ago and now I own all the stuff you can see in my signature. I've also recently I migrated my smart home accessories to HomeKit ... it all together has cost me thousands of dollars (converted from the currency here).

Regarding Apple products everyone says "it just works". However I constantly run to annoying and hard to resolve / unresolvable bugs all the time.

I'll name a few:
- Siri on my HomePod minis wants to trigger long deleted shortcuts - so I cannot say certain phrases to control my lights
- AirPods Pro keep triggering pairing mode everytime I open the case near my iPhone
- Night Shift in macOS doesn't work properly with my ThinkVision P44w-10 monitor (I am using F.lux now ... it's better anyway)
- the annoying problem with DP connected monitors not waking up I had with my old Mac mini (there's a whole long thread somewhere on the forums - it affects all Intel minis ... not sure about the M1 .. I don't follow the thread anymore)
- SideCar display connection keeps crashing (on both my 12.9" M1 iPad ... and also on my late Air 3 that I no longer own)
- Safari on macOS going wild when I want to move a tab from or to another Safari window (not happening as frequently now)

I was a software tester myself. Not that I wouldn't liek to work for Apple ... but what the hell is going on there with their testing? These are all basic use cases of their products and they are not able to get it working properly for users who paid a fortune to use it.

Or am I using it wrong?

What do you think about all of this?

Happy discussion everyone.
There seems to bugs that are global in nature, those that can be reproduced by following some steps and bugs that happen to some and not to others.

* With respect to Siri, I haven't seen anything like it. And while I own the OG HomePod maybe it's something that will be fixed with the next IOS update.
* With respect to the APP, I again haven't seen anything like it. It could be a hardware defect. You didn't say if you tried any debugging steps. Try deleting the bluetooth connection and resetting the airpods and then repairing.

Good luck!

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.