Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macevangelist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
hey all,
first off im super stoked on my iphone. I got in line at 11am at a small store in central cali and had no problem getting an 8g. Im a verizon customer but had to have the iphone once I heard apple was making a phone. I have had a few problems I wanted some input on. Im sure some of you have similar types or related issues/experiences. Id like to find a way to fix such issues cuz have now vested $1400 in this phone (my credit wasnt good enough? so i had to pony up a $700 deposit. lame). First I noticed that at times the ipod stops working if your doing something on safari or google maps specifically. Its almost guaranteed that if im listening to music and try clicking on a link or zoom in googlemaps that the music will stop and I might be sent back to the home screen. I have only a few videos and about 4 gigs of music on there. I sync it with my new mac book pro. Im guessing they'll make an update available in itunes soon but after waiting in line all day, having activation issues and now simple errors like this is making me pissed. Its an all in one device. I should be able to listen to music while browsing the web or in google maps. Isn't this why Steve denied developers access to a SDK thus relying on apples software. I hope and truly believe its just a small bug and will be fixed, but not being able to multi task after paying so much for something made by a company that i pledge allegiance to is frustrating. Im still less then impressed with the speed of the edge network as-well. Its obvious that in all demos and at the WWDC he was connected over wifi. I know its a risk buying first gen things, but that what I do. Soon i believe everyone will have an iphone but it should be able to function as advertised all at once, as a true all in one device. Sorry for going on for so long, its been a long and semi disappointing week. Ideas/Experiences?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.