Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puterfreak555

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2003
I'm trying to figure out what version of Tiger Mr. Jobs was showing at the WWDC. I've also seen these shots online. I'd like to get a hold of that version. While this one is alright, there is a long road ahead. If anyone even knows the build number that'd be great.

Changes I see...
Apple Menu is BG Blue
More Widgets
New iChat Build (hopefully iSight improvements)
Possibly Automator?
Hopefully performance and stability updates

puterfreak555

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2003
Kevlar said:
What he is saying is that Tiger isn't availbe for the public legally, and also anyone who does have it is suposed to be under a NDA.

How can that be? If my friend walks out of the keynote and they hand him a copy, no questions asked, and he wants me to play with it since he is too busy...where is the problem? And how did we get on a legal discussion? I just wanted to speculate about builds and what might be coming. I never said I have it, just that I know there are two different versions.

sockeatingdryer

macrumors regular
May 28, 2004
Athens, GA, USA
puterfreak555 said:
How can that be? If my friend walks out of the keynote and they hand him a copy, no questions asked, and he wants me to play with it since he is too busy...where is the problem? And how did we get on a legal discussion? I just wanted to speculate about builds and what might be coming. I never said I have it, just that I know there are two different versions.

I think you're right. Some of the developer members here are really snobby/uppity over the fact that they have a copy of Tiger. You can ask one question and it's "Oh, so you're pirating, eh?." A friend of mine was going to do the same thing because his wife got a copy and they had a superfluous DVD. So they were going to give it to me, and I asked a question about usability for everyday use and I was accused of being a pirate. Then I asked about Software Update and if that's how you get a new build (just being curious), and it was "U oozed KaZaA... OMG UR sech a n00b!!1!!1one" I just think it's funny how someone thinks they're Mr. Cowboy and gets on a high horse over the stupidest things. So, yes, you do have a valid question. Some people just do it to to be uppity & sound high and mighty.

/Making enemies fast.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Without being judgmental....

I think the build of Tiger was was the same, but other (newer) apps were demoed.

Macrumors will certainly be one of the first to give us the news if/when newer Beta Builds of Tiger are available for developers. ;)

puterfreak555

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2003
You're probably right...
MacRumors usually pops up with those right away. I'm antsy to see iChat and Automator in action.

Though, why was his Apple menu given the "luna" (I read somewhere that that's what we are calling it to make fun of Windows?) blue background like the spotlight menu?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.