Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wfoster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Plymouth, UK
Is there any way to bulk remove contact photos? I have over 600 contacts and some have photos attached and some don't. It's starting to annoy my OCD and I want to bulk remove all contact photos.

Does anyone know of an easy way?

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
The only thing I can think of is, turning that feature off in settings for Facebook.

Then depending how many are left, manually deleting them. I thought there was a way to turn off contact photo's but I don't think there is.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
You could always try some sort of an export/import method if you have a computer. I believe that if you were to somehow export your contacts as a CSV file (this works on the iPhone: https://appsto.re/us/618vE.i ) the photos wouldn't be in the file. Then you've got to find a way to get them back into your contacts.

I'm pretty sure you're going to have to do the rest using a computer.

albgl

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2024
There's a way: in the Contacts app in macOS -> settings -> vCard -> uncheck "Export photos in vCards" -> select all your contacts -> export in a vCard and then import them back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.