Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyPistol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2021
Hey guys,

so I lately had a bunch of issues with my Samsung and had to restore several backups etc after failed firmware updates.
Sometimes I lost a few apps, had to reinstall it, etc - it was a HUGE mess. I'm fairly certain at some point bumble downgraded me because I had so many reinstalls/reactivations/etc.

Here's the issue - I'm trying to create a new account and its easy to get around geo-location, IP and new phone-number and verification but I'm fairly certain they also track my device-ID or device-IDs if that changed with the backup/restores/reactivations.
I downloaded device-ID-changer and all the apps show up, ASIDE bumble... I'm wondering if I screwed up something like the registry (if android has something like this) with all the re-installs... the app opens, works, all good, but I can't sign up on this device because of the ID.
I'm on Pie so every app has a separate ID but Device ID changer cant find app.bumble.com.
I can sign up just fine from my tablet (on Nougat) - set geo-location/proxy/verification, easy - works every time, but as soon as I log in on phone I'm getting kicked off.

Where could the issue be? Why can't Device ID changer not find the app? Is there a way to find out if something went wrong with the install? I HIGHLY doubt they hardcoded all my device IPs in the installer (tried offline installs as well, so 0 change they send data down)

Could someone check if Device ID Changer 2019 can find com.bumble.app in the list on their phone?

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.