Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Anyone succesfully burned an audio cd on a tibook?
IM having trouble doing just that.
I got a cd that I wanted to make a copy for my friend. I brought it up in itunes then imported the music to my music library. I then ejected that cd and put in a CD-R. I then clicked on the icon that was on the desktop which comes up when you put in a CD-R. I prepared it to burn...I dont know what it did but it did something. I then draged all the songs from the my library (taken from the cd) to the icon and arranged them. Then I selected burn disk...I could not find the Burn Icon (the black and grey one)... Then i finished that and ejected it. I then put it back in to my tibook to see if it worked but itunes did not pick it up....i mean it was on the desktop but not in itunes. I tired to play it else where but it did nothing. What am I doing wrong? I followed the Itunes help...so what gives? I did not know this was so hard to do. IM new at this so that might be it. Please help.

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
Don't initialize the disk when it pops up in the finder. Click ignore.

open itunes.
make a new playlist of the songs you want
click burn cd on the top right side of itunes
click it again
wait 10mins
enjoy.

-repeat as desired

-Pete

man...the doors is one trippy movie.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
okay im going to try that. also isnt there some issue with some peeps burning there audio as one whole track? does that option to have so many seconds in between each song take care of that? How do I make sure it is not one whole track?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.