Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thepro8

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
I currently have a Verizon business account through my company. I have do admin access to the account. I want to buy a new iPhone to upgrade the hardware personally. Can I buy a new iPhone and move my current sim into the new iPhone and still have regular access to my work Verizon business account?

Capeto

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2015
I'm in a similar situation, with Verizon and all and no access to the admin account. My work-provider phone is a flip phone, which sucks when I have to text a lot of my clients, so I got an unlocked iPhone SE and popped the SIM in there. Calls, text, and data all work fine. However, I get no data or texting while roaming (only calls), and I am unable to set up a hotspot.

Also note that if your current device is managed by some sort of IT remote management certificate/software, it might not work - in my case, since the phones are flipphones, there's no such restriction.

MrKennedy

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
I currently have a Verizon business account through my company. I have do admin access to the account. I want to buy a new iPhone to upgrade the hardware personally. Can I buy a new iPhone and move my current sim into the new iPhone and still have regular access to my work Verizon business account?

I think this is a question for your employer. Depending on how strict they are, they may not want you to use hardware that isn't owned by them.

Could you just ask your employer to replace your current work-issued phone instead of supplying your own?

thepro8

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
I can gee certificates needed on any device. We use COmpany portal and that works easily.

Company doens’t want to spend money on anything past an iPhone 8. I was going to buy an iPhone 11 or 12, but just want to make sure I can activate it and use the current verizon sim I have. Not sure if I have to register the new hardware with verizon or anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.