Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raj1988

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
Hello everyone! New user here :) I've been following macrumours for a while and I've gotten a lot of great info about apple products from the users here. I'm getting a really good deal on an iphone 5 64gb. As a base model iphone 4 owner, I realized that I need a lot more extra space in my phone so I'm quite tempted by this. My only issue is that it ships with ios 6, that too not 6.1.4 - it would probably 6.0, which came with the phone when it was launched.

Is it possible for me to upgrade it to ios7 instead of ios 8? How's the performance of the iphone 5 64gb in ios8? I know someone who has the exact phone and he's been complaining how it's become much slower. I would love to get some more opinions and suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks

raj1988

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
Oh Ok thanks for the responses. Unfortunately, the one I was going to buy for a good deal is now gone! There was just one of them in stock and somebody clearly beat me to it :(( Back to bad deals again. Iphones here in India are ridiculously priced. The 32gb 5s is just Rs 3000(~50Usd) cheaper than the 64gb 6!! And both are out of my budget.

Should I get a 32gb 5c instead? It's also about a 100usd or so cheaper than the 64gb 5 was so I save some money too. I heard that it has a better battery life than the 5. And I do like the yellow one quite a bit :D

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012
Oh Ok thanks for the responses. Unfortunately, the one I was going to buy for a good deal is now gone! There was just one of them in stock and somebody clearly beat me to it :(( Back to bad deals again. Iphones here in India are ridiculously priced. The 32gb 5s is just Rs 3000(~50Usd) cheaper than the 64gb 6!! And both are out of my budget.

Should I get a 32gb 5c instead? It's also about a 100usd or so cheaper than the 64gb 5 was so I save some money too. I heard that it has a better battery life than the 5. And I do like the yellow one quite a bit :D

It has slightly better battery life. The 5C is a good purchase if you can afford it. I would not buy anything lower than that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.