Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chris_VIE

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2021
i've bought the Pro newly for 200€ from Amazon currently .. i tested the new Airpods 3 and they were too loose for me.
Additional the design mockups show that the Pro2 will be maybe similar to the beats fit pro and i'm no fan of it...

For sport i use Powerbeats Pro and they are also very comfy ..

My main usage for the Airpods Pro is public transport or city walks and music taste is Hardstyle/Hardbase. No headset has enough bass (expect the old Beats X <-- these were monsters) but also without ANC and some custom settings it's more than fine for daily usage.

i don't regret the buy even if they are "old"

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

JohnnyChuttz

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
No one knows exactly when the AP Pro 2 will be released and may be pushed back. Estimates are Q3-4 2022. So depends on how urgent your needs for ear buds are.

I bought the pros back in October with no ragrets.

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
They will be updated, but not the “soon” soon, rather you probably need to wait a little while for the updated version. AirPods Pro on its own is ok-ish, but Apple never figured out auto audio switching right, so 50% of its experience for me is gone. If you don’t have audio audio switching needs, you might be fine with it.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I got a pair for £164, including the use of a gift card (£25) that I needed to use.

They’re quite good.

I recommend adjusting the settings, to get a richer sound.

Rumours suggest end of next year for a refresh, so I just went for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.