Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apostrophe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2006
Copenhagen
I've just moved to London, my little home studio is almost up and running (thanks to some of you guys) but I've got a few last investments to make.
I need a good MIDIkeyboard, I think 30-40 keys will do, a good overhead/vocal microphone and maybe a nice set of earphones.
Have any of you got some advice on where to buy it. I’ve often used the german Thomann.de, they’ve got some got deals but there might be some in the UK I don’t know about...

And a whole other thing. I know it’s a bit farfetched, but does anybody have experience with Sony Mp3 walkman/USB key?
I’ve got one but there’s only software compatible with Windows (that ****ing Windows all the time, I can’t get rid of it!).
The software is SonicStage, the player is called E003.

If this ‘ignore mac-computers-tendency' continues I might have to get myself one of these Windows-surfaces they have for the Intel macs, eventhough I’m not very fond of it.
Does anyone have experience with that?

That’s all for now. Thanks!
AB

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I'd suggest looking at the M-Audio keyboards for a start. You can get them from places like dolphinmusic.co.uk, which is the place I use for online stuff. They're OK if things are in stock but I find that aftercare's not great. I buy in Turnkey on Charing X road as well.

The only way you'll be able to load the E003 is if you use a Windows environment. Boot Camp specifically to load your MP3's? Jeez no. You could upgrade your phone to a Sony one which plays MP3's with USB Mass Storage (UMS) compatibility or get an iAudio or Creative UMS flash player. AdvancedMP3players.co.uk has the iAudio U3 for £125 or the 2Gb model for £150. Or there's the Nano of course...

I like the Sennheiser HD25 headphones. Better sounding than MDR 7506, more isolation, more indestructible, better warranty, etc. £120 from Turnkey.

Micwise I'm sure zim and others have a better idea. I've only owned two decent mics in my entire life.

apostrophe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2006
Copenhagen
Hey thanx
Reckon I'll check out the turnkey on charing cross road..
have already bought mic and MIDI, went with Thomann afterall. They had a nice deal on a RØDE mic...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.