Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nav92

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
Hello everyone,
I am going on vacations to Canada and USA from mid September to mid October and plan to buy the new iPhone 7 Plus there. However, as any other new iPhone, I know the demand will be a lot in the first few weeks.
Can someone guide me in making sure I can buy one before I go back to my home country?
Should I pre order it online? If yes, can I ask for "Pick Up in Store" rather than home shipping.
Or the stock availability gets back to normal in Apple Stores by mid October so that I can get one in store just before I leave?
Any help will be much appreciated.

GP-SE

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
keep in mind the North American models use different LTE bands than overseas. So you might wanna buy an iPhone in your home country, that way you get your local LTE bands

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Reserve in store is an option. You'll need to make a US Apple Store account but I don't think there are any verification requirements besides maybe an email address.

Last year things were easy to get just showing up to any store particularly if the storage option didn't bother you. If they do 32gb base this year I think the base model will be at higher demand than it historically has been.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.