Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meshaun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2021
Hi all,
So, with the launch of the iPhone 15, I am considering to buy the iPhone 15 Pro.
I live in an Asian country (Sri Lanka) and comparing the prices from each country to buy the phone, I am stuck with the below 03 options.

I want to know, what are the differences in the models/versions? Can I use any from the below countries? Are there differences?

1. China - I think it's only dual nano sim?
  2. USA - eSIM only?
  3. Singapore - eSIM + Nano sim?
Apart from these, any other differences? Like bloatware for China phones? Build quality? Anything at all?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I know the US models are eSIM only and the overseas versions still come with a SIM slot and eSIM capable. if you require a physical SIM, you can't get a US version. however all versions, I believe, come with the same bands and are equally capable.

Reactions: meshaun

meshaun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2021
I know the US models are eSIM only and the overseas versions still come with a SIM slot and eSIM capable. if you require a physical SIM, you can't get a US version. however all versions, I believe, come with the same bands and are equally capable.
Thank you for the reply. So the only difference is the SIM card compatibility?
Because I was wondering if the Chinese versions had different software or bloatware or anything? I saw online about an article saying that Shutter Sound is mandatory for all Asian (China/Japan) phones even on Mute etc.. Not that I want to take pics like that (LOL) but I am curious if there are any other features like this.

For the SIM Support, we have eSIM service in Sri Lanka and both nano and eSIM can be used.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Thank you for the reply. So the only difference is the SIM card compatibility?
Because I was wondering if the Chinese versions had different software or bloatware or anything? I saw online about an article saying that Shutter Sound is mandatory for all Asian (China/Japan) phones even on Mute etc.. Not that I want to take pics like that (LOL) but I am curious if there are any other features like this.

For the SIM Support, we have eSIM service in Sri Lanka and both nano and eSIM can be used.

that has to do with the privacy laws in some asian countries (people taking covert photos of people) which is where that shutter sound on mute issue comes from.

since you can use both types of SIM cards, that doesn't matter as much for you. as for bands vs countries, maybe this link will help you identify which best suits your carriers needs in terms of necessary bands. looks like most models overlap and are virtually the same.

Reactions: meshaun
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.