Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
I will send my iphone x to apple store for fix dust into camera.
This work will take 9+ days for finish and return back to me.

Now i need buy a temporary
substitute but my Wife told me that she want a new smartphone. So i can't take an iphone 5C or used iphones becuase She hates them.
Her smartphone is an Aus zenfone max 2 and She use it for whatsapp and gaming (Now she use also my ipad air 2 for gaming).

I looking for an iphone with 32gb so i can restore my iphone x backup ,i will work with my files and after i will clean the new iphone for give it to my wife.
Can be a good idea or it is good use the new iphone without iphone x backup?
I see in my shop offert iphone se 32gb at 280€ and iphone 6 32gb at 400€ : What is the best choice?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
iPhone SE is better in terms of hardware specs when compared to iPhone 6. If your wife is happy with the form factor of the SE then get that without doubts.

However, depending on the type of games she plays, the screen might be a bit too small.

Last edited:

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I would not buy a 6 at this point. The batteries are old and they have only 1GB of RAM, so they're comparatively slow even with a good battery. The SE is basically a 6S, which is noticeably better and faster in every way as long as the screen size isn't a fatal flaw. It also has second gen TouchID, which is radically better than the gen 1 in the 6.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
Definitely don't buy a 6; the SE is better in every way apart from screen size but maybe your wife will like the smaller screen.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I would not buy a 6 at this point. The batteries are old and they have only 1GB of RAM, so they're comparatively slow even with a good battery. The SE is basically a 6S, which is noticeably better and faster in every way as long as the screen size isn't a fatal flaw. It also has second gen TouchID, which is radically better than the gen 1 in the 6.

The SE comes with first gen Touch ID I think.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I went for a used 6S very recently. Many upgraded to a newer iPhone over the new year and are now selling their old ones. Most of these are 6 and 6S, and the 6S are often not much more than the 6, but a much better value.

Reactions: akash.nu

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
OT but I don't really understand why Apple still sells the 6s. It's still a great phone and some good deals can be had on used but now there is so much choice in their lineup which used to be just a few models:

6s
6s+
SE
7+
8+
X

UnifiedMelody

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2017
Australia
I will send my iphone x to apple store for fix dust into camera.
This work will take 9+ days for finish and return back to me.

Now i need buy a temporary
substitute but my Wife told me that she want a new smartphone. So i can't take an iphone 5C or used iphones becuase She hates them.
Her smartphone is an Aus zenfone max 2 and She use it for whatsapp and gaming (Now she use also my ipad air 2 for gaming).

I looking for an iphone with 32gb so i can restore my iphone x backup ,i will work with my files and after i will clean the new iphone for give it to my wife.
Can be a good idea or it is good use the new iphone without iphone x backup?
I see in my shop offert iphone se 32gb at 280€ and iphone 6 32gb at 400€ : What is the best choice?
No brainer get iphone se... iphone 6 seems dated and the price is rather steep for what its capable off...

Most if not anyone should buy an iphone with A9 at the very intricate and bare minimum!!! A9 made strides which a8 didnt . And is that alone that is worth recomending. Sure the screen size is puny (4 vs 4.7) but unless u need to game/watch movies on it .... it should be fine for the most part

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Are you sure it’s the 6 and not the 6s that is being offered at that price? The reason I ask is while the 6 is still sold new at some carriers, it is usually at about the same price as the SE (it’s now the cheap option with a bigger screen). The price difference is more inline with an SE vs 6s I think and the 6s may be a better option for your wife unless she likes small phones. As others have said, avoid the 6 at this point.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I would stray away from the iPhone 6, as the iPhone SE has the same internals as the iPhone 6s with 2 GB of Ram and the A9 processor. The only drawback to the iPhone SE, is the smaller 4 inch display and the resolution is sub-par.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.