Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pookitoo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2015
Paris
Hello ;) I really wish to buy Vision Pro but I'm in France. We can buy it in Rakuten website and seem reliable. I have so many questions!

- Mainly concerning the warranty, if the Vision Pro has any issues, how can I address this from France?
- Do you think they will allow users to change the language when they release it in France? Currently, only English is available.
- When they release it in France, will the warranty be valid in France?

So, do you have any ideas about this?

Reactions: g-7 and davvid97

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I think the last time Apple had significantly staged product releases across different countries was the original iPhone release. Based on that, I suspect that...

If you buy a US unit now, then I'd expect no warranty service to be available in France. You'd probably have to ship it back to Apple, possibly at your own expense.

After the AVP is released in France (or any other country), I would expect:
1. The country's main language(s) to be selectable options.
2. Any warranty would adhere to the laws of the country where sold.

Reactions: pookitoo

pookitoo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2015
Paris
I think the last time Apple had significantly staged product releases across different countries was the original iPhone release. Based on that, I suspect that...

If you buy a US unit now, then I'd expect no warranty service to be available in France. You'd probably have to ship it back to Apple, possibly at your own expense.

After the AVP is released in France (or any other country), I would expect:
1. The country's main language(s) to be selectable options.
2. Any warranty would adhere to the laws of the country where sold.
Thanks a lot ! I know it’s just a past experience testimony but feel good to read this

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
if you buy a US unit now, then I'd expect no warranty service to be available in France.

Buying a VP outside the U.S. is risky, not just because of the warranty. Fitting is very important. Look at the posts of people who have gone into the Apple store to change their light seal sizes. Getting the right size is critical. This is not an issue with an iPhone or an iPad.

I'd expect no warranty service to be available in France.

If it needs to be repaired/replaced Apple wouldn't have any units or repair capabilities in a country where it is not sold.

pookitoo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2015
Paris
Yes I know it’s a bit risky, but expect from apple they release the product in France before the wwdc , so after they release i could change the light seal and the warranty will work I think.

I’m a UX designer and wish to do XR design for the Vision Pro ;)

Reactions: g-7

Oreb

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2022
The original HomePod and the original iPad are two more recent staged product releases.

Reactions: chown33

jeutie

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2011
Belgium
Bonjour! I’m from Belgium and have purchased a Vision Pro. I also work at an Apple Authorised Service Provider.

I had a friend of mine ship the unit from the US to me. This was a big additional expense (the total was north of 4500€ rather than 3500$ having the shipment insured, paying for taxes, import duties…). You can as well fly over and pick it up. :) You’ll also have a chance to fit the light seals and all then.

The only available language is English, for everything. So from dictation, Siri, keyboard, UI… nothing will be available in French.

You’ll be able to use your French Apple ID for syncing (iCloud and the likes) but you will need an American Apple ID to use the App Store and download apps. If you want any paid apps you’ll need an American payment method as well (iTunes card, credit card, PayPal, …).

Warranty wise there’s only one year of limited warranty, not two years like in the EU. As an AASP we have been briefed that we cannot service Vision Pro. This means that any and all warranty claims need to go via Apple. This would imply that the unit needs to go back to the US if it needs service. The chances that they’ll help you abroad is slim to none.

As for the introduction for the Vision Pro in Europe (and this is not info we got from Apple so pure speculation) I would assume given the new App Store rules forced by the EU Apple would focus on other markets (Canada, Australia, UK, …) before introducing it in Europe.

Last edited:

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
expect from apple they release the product in France before the wwdc ,

You'll know when the release is imminent when employee training starts in the Apple stores. June may be a bit optimistic for France.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
As for the introduction for the Vision Pro in Europe (and this is not info we got from Apple so pure speculation) I would assume given the new App Store rules forced by the EU Apple would focus on other markets (Canada, Australia, UK, …) before introducing it in Europe.
The EU only subjects iOS to the new App Store rules. They are currently investigating iPadOS as well, but visionOS isn’t affected, and will remain so unless and until it gains a huge market share. Since there is a Vision Pro developer lab in Munich, I’d expect a release in the EU this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.