Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsthenewdc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
The Buyer's Guide is currently showing the MacBook Air as BUY NOW, and has been for "26 days since release" but you can't actually buy the M2 MacBook Air right now, nor has it even been released. I know it's releasing soon, but for someone not aware of this, being told to buy it now (and for the past month) is not the intended buying advice it's supposed to be.

EDIT: To clarify, I know the M1 model got a cost reduction, but I would assume the Buyer's Guide would prioritize the M2.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The M1 actually didn't get a cost reduction, but yeah, it remains available. Anyway, it's tricky to properly reflect advance announcements in glanceable recommendations and we seem to get complaints/suggestions no matter what we do. I changed it to a caution recommendation to hopefully prompt people to investigate the situation more closely.

I've left the announcement post as the "last release" data point for now because we want it to be easy for people to hop to that news, but we'll update it to point to the orders post once that happens.

Reactions: itsthenewdc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.