Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aljon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
Hello, What should i check if i want to buy an iPhone Xs Max?
- Is there a posibility that some parts/hardware of the iPhone Xs Max is already changed?. For example the Motherboard? Camera? Chip? and some other parts?.
- Does the phone still works if the hardware changed?
- How can i sure if the phone is not yet Open or repaired to the 3rd party technicians?

Reactions: ACB 123

Aljon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
Usually the price says a lot .... if to cheap then I would suspect something ...
how about changing the parts/hardware of the phone like rear camera? can they easily change that to a fake one?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
how about changing the parts/hardware of the phone like rear camera? can they easily change that to a fake one?

You can’t really tell if internals were changed. This is one of the reasons I don’t buy anything secondhand.

Although, I’m not sure if third party hardware is actually compatible with Apple devices. I mean one can take various parts out of other Apple devices and put them together with a new housing to make a device work but the individual parts need to be genuine as far as I know.

Reactions: Aljon

Aljon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
You can’t really tell if internals were changed. This is one of the reasons I don’t buy anything secondhand.

Although, I’m not sure if third party hardware is actually compatible with Apple devices. I mean one can take various parts out of other Apple devices and put them together with a new housing to make a device work but the individual parts need to be genuine as far as I know.
thank you very much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.