Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthewr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
This probably isn't news to most, but I thought someone might find my experience useful. After playing around on my wife's WiFi iPad for the last week, I decided to get a 64 GB 3G iPad. Knowing they are in short supply, I placed an order online on Saturday evening, and got the confirmation e-mail that it would ship on June 21st, with a shipping time of 7-10 days.

I didn't want to wait that long, so on Sunday morning I called the Yorkdale Apple store an put my name on the reservation list (actually I called a few stores and got on all their reservation lists). Today (Tuesday) at noon, I received an e-mail saying that my iPad was ready for pick up in store! I stopped by on my way home from work and it is now syncing! I'm very excited.

Anyway, if you are jonesing for a 3G iPad in Toronto, but don't want to wait until the end of June, you might have better luck with the in-store reservations.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Nice!
I did the same (placed an order for a 64GB 3G iPad and have the June 21st ship date), but just called Yorkdale and they have it in stock.
However, I can't go in to pick it up until tomorrow or Monday next week onwards. I think I will put my name down and end up cancelling this, but wanted an order online just in case.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I was talking to a genie at Eaton center last week, he said the 16GB was the first to run out for both 3G and wifi, then 32GB. The 64 GB was still in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.