Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
Even a older phone like the iPhone 11?
I can’t say for sure. Based on my own experience, it has always seemed to me that Apple somehow keeps their devices on sale updated to at least the most recent big numbered update (15, 16, 17). I don’t know how they do it. And it’s possible that I may be incorrect on this.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
If OLED is out of the question then get a used SE 2022 and it will cover you well for the next couple of years easily.

Raditude

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Shelbyville, IN
I was using an iPhone 7 Plus for years, until I got hit with the microphone failure bug. I just purchased a used iPhone 11 Pro Max about a month ago. The battery max capacity is 72%, but it still lasts all day. It should be supported and still receiving updates until 2026. I'm on the latest 17.3.1, and don't have any issues. Not sure if there would be any significant difference in performance between an 11 and an 11 Pro Max.

Reactions: Reverend Benny

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
I was using an iPhone 7 Plus for years, until I got hit with the microphone failure bug. I just purchased a used iPhone 11 Pro Max about a month ago. The battery max capacity is 72%, but it still lasts all day. It should be supported and still receiving updates until 2026. I'm on the latest 17.3.1, and don't have any issues. Not sure if there would be any significant difference in performance between an 11 and an 11 Pro Max.
Hi so u recommend it? Thanks

Reactions: Raditude

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Hi how come a used one? Thanks

It will be cheaper. I think most would agree that USD429 for a SE in 2024 is not a good deal in terms of value. Get a refurbished or a second-hand one from reputable seller would be the best option only if you really cannot tolerate OLED.

The 11 looks much more closer to the modern flagships but be aware it runs on an A13 SoC which is close to 5 years old.

Reactions: Reverend Benny

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
I still use an 11 for the same reasons OP. If you are staying with Apple and remain limited to the SE 2022 or 11, the differences are easy to compare/contrast. For me the larger screen, larger battery, better camera system, gestures, and more modern design make it an easy choice. I used the 15 PM for a month before it got to be too much for my eyes to handle. I won't pretend that going back to the 11 was not a downgrade. But, in various areas, I am impressed how well the 11 still holds up. Best of luck in your decision.

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
I still use an 11 for the same reasons OP. If you are staying with Apple and remain limited to the SE 2022 or 11, the differences are easy to compare/contrast. For me the larger screen, larger battery, better camera system, gestures, and more modern design make it an easy choice. I used the 15 PM for a month before it got to be too much for my eyes to handle. I won't pretend that going back to the 11 was not a downgrade. But, in various areas, I am impressed how well the 11 still holds up. Best of luck in your decision.
How long u been back on iPhone 11? So u recommend it?

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
How long u been back on iPhone 11? So u recommend it?
I didn’t get the 11 until I tried the 12 and once again couldn’t use the screen. October 2020 I believe. I’ve had it since and replaced the battery once. I’m actually thankful for this phone. Yeah it does suck not being able to use a flagship phone. No doubt. But the 11 still performs and I’m happy if I have to be ‘stuck’ with a phone, that it’s this one and not an SE or phones prior.

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
I didn’t get the 11 until I tried the 12 and once again couldn’t use the screen. October 2020 I believe. I’ve had it since and replaced the battery once. I’m actually thankful for this phone. Yeah it does suck not being able to use a flagship phone. No doubt. But the 11 still performs and I’m happy if I have to be ‘stuck’ with a phone, that it’s this one and not an SE or phones prior.
Did u get the battery replaced at Apple store? If so how was that? Thanks

RaphaZ

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2021
Hello!

I was writing a new thread, but then I saw this one.

I was about to write about how I like my iPhone 11, which was a gift bought in the second hand market (Swappie).
My brother came today moaning about the death of his smartphone (Xiomi), probably the second or third machine he regrets having.

It's incredible how the iPhone 11 is still a good machine for me. My parents have the iPhone SE 2020 and they really like it.
Sometimes I search prices of newer iPhones, but in the end I ask: "why for"? This beast does it all.

Best wishes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.