Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZircoBen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2015
Utah, USA
Hello everyone!

I purchased an iPhone 13 Pro the other day on eBay for $450. It was listed as locked to AT&T, and only today when I was thinking about unlocking it for the heck of it, I got this error:

1692249082403.png

SO, the device is not paid off in full. The seller claims this:

"Unpaid balances only blacklist when it's a device that been bought but not paid in the first 60 days... we keep them for 60 days before we sell.

I assure you this device will never blacklist."

Can anyone back up this claim by the seller? Will the phone not blacklist?

Reactions: three

GoofyCyborg

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Wales, UK
Because you posted the following reply from them: "we keep them for 60 days before we sell."

Going by what you posted, it sounds to me like they are obtained through finance, paying the first couple of bills and then defaulting on them. If you're OK with that, fine. If you want to take the risks that come with such activity, then that's your choice. I wouldn't!

ZircoBen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2015
Utah, USA
This is a business seller, not some guy trying to flip a phone he didn't pay for.
Because you posted the following reply from them: "we keep them for 60 days before we sell."

Going by what you posted, it sounds to me like they are obtained through finance, paying the first couple of bills and then defaulting on them. If you're OK with that, fine. If you want to take the risks that come with such activity, then that's your choice. I wouldn't!

ZircoBen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2015
Utah, USA
I was hoping someone could jump in that had experience on the matter and who could definitively say what happens.

I thought this commiunity would have a few people who have bought financed phones online and seen the outcome?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.