Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vio1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
I want to preorder a macbook pro, but wont have enough room on my visa for about another week and a half... do you know if i order one now from the apple site, will they process the payment now, or when they ship?

Vio1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
also, do you think i need to preorder??? when in Feb is it coming out? Do you think it would be possible to go to the apple store the day of release and just pick one up?

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Vio1 said:
also, do you think i need to preorder??? when in Feb is it coming out? Do you think it would be possible to go to the apple store the day of release and just pick one up?

Probably not, but you can alwasys call and ask about the payment. Also try the payment plans they have $50 dollars a month or somthing like that

kwajaln

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2004
CHICAGO!
Maybe this won't help your situation, but the Apple Store online allows you to split an order between two different credit cards.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Vio1 said:
I want to preorder a macbook pro, but wont have enough room on my visa for about another week and a half... do you know if i order one now from the apple site, will they process the payment now, or when they ship?
They won't charge your card until it's very close to shipping time.

shambolic

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2003
Staten Island, NY
Apple shouldn't charge you until the order ships - however, for your order to be accepted, they'll almost certainly do a "pre-authorization" for the full amount. So if you don't have enough room on your card at the time you place your order, you may have problems.

Best to confirm with your CC provider - if you've been a good customer in the past, they may even increase your credit limit, after all, credit card companies ultimately make their money out of you spending as much as possible...

disclaimer: shambolic does not advocate or endorse irresponsible credit card spending, etc etc

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
I ordered one yesterday, and my card was pre-authorized, and the charge is still showing today. So hopefully it will come off tomorrow, and then they'll hit the card again when it's preparing shipping in early feb.

Vio1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
From the last release of the powerbook, do you remember if all the notebooks in store were sold out? or could you just walk in and pick one up? Im debating to even preorder.... cause i could more quickly just go and pick it up from the apple store. any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.