Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zcohenzion

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2013
Hi !

I need to buy a new iphone. I can see there are good deals for the iphone 12 pro and would rather not overspend.

My question - how future proof do you think it will be? Will it work properly for at least 2 years? (Without being slow /problematic)

kirkster501

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011
Nottingham, UK
Technology does move on but the 12 pro is still a great phone. If you are not needing the latest features of the 13/14 and just need a phone and something for regular use then the 12 is a great device still. Even the 10 is still a fine device.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Buying a 2 year old model and "future proof" don't belong in the same sentence! Decide what is most important to you, 1) having the latest technology, or 2) saving money on your purchase. Yes, I'm certain the 12 Pro will be fine for two years.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
The 12 Pro is still a great phone, but you may need a battery replacement before the 2 year mark is gone. Many of the 12 series owners (myself included) were plagued with bad batteries. A battery replacement is only $69 without AppleCare+. As far as future proof, it will iOS updates a year before the 13 series.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.