Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tedley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Sacramento
Are there any pitfalls in buying a phone that's a warranty replacement? The seller has applecare+ so I know to check to see if there's one replacement left. Other than that, is there anything else to beware of when considering such a purchase? Found an apparently good buy on swappa.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
A warranty replacement is as good or better than a genuine Apple Refurbished iPhone and those things are top notch. In my opinion Apple refurbished iPhones are BETTER than a factory new iPhone.

I purchased a warranty replacement iPhone 6 Plus on Swappa 6 years ago (advertised as unused) and that iPhone was and still is flawless.

I recently purchased an Apple refurbished iPhone 8 Plus directly from Apple and it was immaculate looking - like brand new- and it works flawlessly too.

Those two experiences of course can’t predict the future, but so far I’ve hit two home runs.

Reactions: tedley

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
There are no pitfalls that I can think of but they are genuinely good as a brand new one from retail units. But it all depends I’ve had quite a few warranty replacements they were worse than the retail units. This is one reason I just don’t through warranty replacements because it’s worse than the retail, then you’d have to do it all over again. But that’s just me. Others will have different experience.

Reactions: tedley
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.