Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buy iPhone 15 Pro with 512 Gb or 1 Tb ?

• 512 Gb

• 1 Tb

Results are only viewable after voting.

Asdlover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2022
So, I've waited for iPhones to finally have USB-C and am FINALLY ready to ditch my iPhone 8. I'd need advice if I should go with the 1 Tb or 512 Gb iPhone Pro (the pro max is too big for me personaly). As you can guess, I'm rather a long time iPhone holder, as my i8 still works flawless, apart from not being the fastest of them all. But still it's time to upgrade.
If there won't be any full screen iPhone in the upcoming years, I will stick with my 15 Pro. Question is if it's worth for me to go for the 1Tb model as I'm using it for multiple years , or just buy the 512 Gb as it will be enough?! My i8 had 256Gb, and it definitely was not enough for me. But could imagine 512Gb to fine.. on the other hand the size of pictures and videos must be greater than on the i8..
I like to take bunch of pictures and videos, which are regulalry backed up to my NAS, but I'm not paying for iCloud, so I have backup, but still like to keep them on my phone too.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
If you won't use iCloud and want flexibility to move gigabytes between iphone and nas, choose 1TB.

4k/60k hdr videos are roughly 0.75-1gb per minute and lossless audio stored offline is resource intensive too.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
You need to add 256 as I think that's the most popular choice. I alway get 256 but thought of 512 this time but I have 2TB iCloud so why would I use more? Always have about 100Gb spare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.