Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YouGoGlenCocoa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Hello everyone. I’m curious, can you purchase a new iphone from apple online out right? I’m an at&t prepaid customer and want to pay cash for 2 iphones (mysef and my wife). Can i buy two unlocked phones from appple online during launch day?

Or will being an at&t prepaid customer stop me? Any help is appreciated!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Hello everyone. I’m curious, can you purchase a new iphone from apple online out right? I’m an at&t prepaid customer and want to pay cash for 2 iphones (mysef and my wife). Can i buy two unlocked phones from appple online during launch day?

Or will being an at&t prepaid customer stop me? Any help is appreciated!
Yes you can purchase it outright and you should choose the Unconnected option so you can connect later. You do want to make sure tho that your prepaid att is capable of esim as there is no sim tray to insert your current sim card

YouGoGlenCocoa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Yes you can purchase it outright and you should choose the Unconnected option so you can connect later. You do want to make sure tho that your prepaid att is capable of esim as there is no sim tray to insert your current sim card
Thank you for being helpful! I need to double check with att to verify i can use esim.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.