Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zTohka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2019
Hey guys i'm going to buy iPhone 6 but i’m planning to buy it in the black Friday.

Is there a chance to get a Good discount and Good Price for it ?

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Surely an iPhone 6 is already cheap?

Where in the world are you and what’s your budget?

If not bother with an iPhone 6 personally, it’s worth saving or spending a bit more and at the very least getting a 6S or a 7.

Reactions: BluefinTuna

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
I advise you not to buy an iPhone 6. Personally, even if on a budget I wouldn't buy anything older than an iPhone 7 at this point. If you meant 6s as the title of this thread implies, you should be ok for a little while. I fired mine up the other day and it still works great.

Last edited:

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
I don’t think there will be any additional discount on 6 or 6s on BF.

I also don’t recommend anybody to buy anything older than an iPhone 7 at this point.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I agree with the others, at this point 6 is not good.

Depending on your long-term Apple plan(s), the cheapest devices you can get right now which can run the latest iOS 13 are:
1) iPhone SE (the cheapest, but with the smallest screen size)
2) iPhone 7 (the price difference with 6S is negligible at this point, but the hardware is better - some water resistance and a virtual home button, less likely to break)
3) iPhone 8 (the most expensive of the three, but might be able to support iOS 14, so you could get an extra year of use out of it).

Good luck!

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
I agree with the others, at this point 6 is not good.

Depending on your long-term Apple plan(s), the cheapest devices you can get right now which can run the latest iOS 13 are:
1) iPhone SE (the cheapest, but with the smallest screen size)
2) iPhone 7 (the price difference with 6S is negligible at this point, but the hardware is better - some water resistance and a virtual home button, less likely to break)
3) iPhone 8 (the most expensive of the three, but might be able to support iOS 14, so you could get an extra year of use out of it).

Good luck!

iPhone 6s may or may not get iOS 14.

iPhone 7 will 100% get iOS 14.

It is even possible that both iPhone 7 and 8 get iOS 15. Or neither does. Chances are they’ll either both get it or both won’t. A11 has weak standing on its own. A10/A12 are long term chips.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Hey guys i'm going to buy iPhone 6 but i’m planning to buy it in the black Friday.

Is there a chance to get a Good discount and Good Price for it ?
Have you thought about going to a carrier and see what deals they have? I've a friend who recently went to a carrier and bought the iPhone XS and he only paid sales tax - the cost of the phone was financed over 20 months. This might be an idea if you're budget is tight.. and it might net you a newer model.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
iPhone 6s may or may not get iOS 14.

iPhone 7 will 100% get iOS 14.

It is even possible that both iPhone 7 and 8 get iOS 15. Or neither does. Chances are they’ll either both get it or both won’t. A11 has weak standing on its own. A10/A12 are long term chips.
A11 will be supported longer than the A10.. One of the reasons I didn’t upgrade my 6S to the 7 was because it didn’t noticeably perform better in day to day usage..

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
A11 will be supported longer than the A10.. One of the reasons I didn’t upgrade my 6S to the 7 was because it didn’t noticeably perform better in day to day usage..

A11 might be supported longer than A10.

You can‘t be too sure.

It is possible in a future update (not iOS 14 for sure) Apple will drop both iPhone 7 and 8 together. Due to 2 GB RAM. They may or may not want to support the plus versions with that update due to publicity reasons even though they’ll probably support 3 GB iPads.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
A11 might be supported longer than A10.

You can‘t be too sure.

It is possible in a future update (not iOS 14 for sure) Apple will drop both iPhone 7 and 8 together. Due to 2 GB RAM. They may or may not want to support the plus versions with that update due to publicity reasons even though they’ll probably support 3 GB iPads.

The iPhone 8 is still sold new by Apple, so I would suspect it still has plenty of support life. Of course, due to the memory you specified, the 7 may hang around an extra year like the 5s hung around 1 year longer than the 6, losing support at the same time.

I bought the 6 at launch, then replaced it with the 7+ at launch (I thought the bigger size would be a worthwhile upgrade). The 6 is still in use today by my brother in law. I wonder how much longer it will last (I replaced the battery at 2 years).

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
The iPhone 8 is still sold new by Apple, so I would suspect it still has plenty of support life. Of course, due to the memory you specified, the 7 may hang around an extra year like the 5s hung around 1 year longer than the 6, losing support at the same time.

I bought the 6 at launch, then replaced it with the 7+ at launch (I thought the bigger size would be a worthwhile upgrade). The 6 is still in use today by my brother in law. I wonder how much longer it will last (I replaced the battery at 2 years).

Correct. That’s what I feel too.

A10 is being used in a lot of recent devices. A11 in just one. Both are pretty solid with RAM being the limiting factor.

zTohka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2019
Surely an iPhone 6 is already cheap?

Where in the world are you and what’s your budget?

If not bother with an iPhone 6 personally, it’s worth saving or spending a bit more and at the very least getting a 6S or a 7.
saudi arabic and my budget is under 170$
[automerge]1573412015[/automerge]
I advise you not to buy an iPhone 6. Personally, even if on a budget I wouldn't buy anything older than an iPhone 7 at this point. If you meant 6s as the title of this thread implies, you should be ok for a little while. I fired mine up the other day and it still works great.
i will see if i can afford it
[automerge]1573412182[/automerge]
my phone is 6 already but it has a lot of problems so i decided to buy new instead of fix it

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
saudi arabic and my budget is under 170$
[automerge]1573412015[/automerge]

i will see if i can afford it
[automerge]1573412182[/automerge]
my phone is 6 already but it has a lot of problems so i decided to buy new instead of fix it
You should try for at least iPhone 6S, if not 7.

zTohka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2019
You should try for at least iPhone 6S, if not 7.
ok but will it get a discount in the bf ?
[automerge]1573412973[/automerge]
my friend told me to buy Huawei y7 o 8 what do you think guys ?

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
ok but will it get a discount in the bf ?
[automerge]1573412973[/automerge]
my friend told me to buy Huawei y7 o 8 what do you think guys ?
A Huawei phone would be an Android one and fairly different from an iPhone that uses iOS.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
A Huawei phone would be an Android one and fairly different from an iPhone that uses iOS.

Huawei doesn’t make Android one phones.

Huawei’s EMUI is as close to iOS as you can get on Android.

cappo3

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2014
I went back to my old iPhone 6 from my unfortunately prematurely perished X. It's not that bad, actually. I'm on my third battery (which is crap), but my main complaint would be the missing support of iOS 13 and WatchOS 6.
[automerge]1573463936[/automerge]
Huawei doesn’t make Android one phones.

Huawei’s EMUI is as close to iOS as you can get on Android.
"Android one" phones are not being discussed here. Nuances of the english language.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I went back to my old iPhone 6 from my unfortunately prematurely perished X. It's not that bad, actually. I'm on my third battery (which is crap), but my main complaint would be the missing support of iOS 13 and WatchOS 6.
[automerge]1573463936[/automerge]

"Android one" phones are not being discussed here. Nuances of the english language.

My wife's 6 was unbearably slow on 11 and 12, which she noticed. But the other things I mentioned are very true, too: much slower TouchID, frankly inferior physical construction (so-called "bend-gate"), and seriously inadequate RAM. If you have one lying around, the price is certainly right ;) but I couldn't recommend buying one at this point.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
i used android os before so it doesn't matter
Well, in that case it’s basically up to you as to which phone would work better for you (in terms of price, usefulness, etc.).

zTohka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2019
Hey again

For now i put my eye at Huawie Y9

previously 250.4$ and now 186.6$
(These prices in store at saudi arabic)

i don’t know if i should buy it now or wait until the black friday for good price

So what do you think ?
(I know this forum for iphone and ios os but i want more advice,experience and people opinions)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.