Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hufflematt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2015
UK
I preordered the SS with white sports strap. Reading the real person reviews on here (as opposed to the snarky journalists) I'm really tempted to order a Milanese loop and/or a leather loop (blue?). I guess I can always return them.

Anyone else thinking the same?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I preordered the SS with white sports strap. Reading the real person reviews on here (as opposed to the snarky journalists) I'm really tempted to order a Milanese loop and/or a leather loop (blue?). I guess I can always return them.

the milanese looks great in the few photos we have seen this morning, and also in the NY times review. I will be getting one for sure.

totten76

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2015
Will the Apple Store have stock beginning on the 24th? I figure they would at least have a few watch bands for sale. Couple people come to the store early, they panic for the watch, you calmly walk to the accesories and snag a few/one bands. I still don't understand how they expect people to pay $250 for a blue strap. Blows my mind

Iceage

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2010
Exact position as you except I odered the SS with black sport strap. I ordered the Milanese loop and blue leather loop. I'll make a decision once I see them live sometime next week.

Jackmalyono

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
Will the Apple Store have stock beginning on the 24th? I figure they would at least have a few watch bands for sale. Couple people come to the store early, they panic for the watch, you calmly walk to the accesories and snag a few/one bands. I still don't understand how they expect people to pay $250 for a blue strap. Blows my mind
Sad truth :mad::mad:

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I preordered the blue leather loop in a separate order this morning as I wanted another option besides the black sport band I'm getting with the watch. I tried it out earlier today at an in store try out appointment and I'm glad I did. It's really nice. That said I also tried the milanese loop and even though i've had bad experiences with metal bands before, particularly link ones, with pinching my wrist hairs this was not the case with the milanese loop. Now I want that one too but I'm not sure if I can justify both the blue leather loop and the milanese loop. I'm kind of on the verge of ordering the milanese loop too.

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I preordered the blue leather loop in a separate order this morning as I wanted another option besides the black sport band I'm getting with the watch. I tried it out earlier today at an in store try out appointment and I'm glad I did. It's really nice. That said I also tried the milanese loop and even though i've had bad experiences with metal bands before, particularly link ones, with pinching my wrist hairs this was not the case with the milanese loop. Now I want that one too but I'm not sure if I can justify both the blue leather loop and the milanese loop. I'm kind of on the verge of ordering the milanese loop too.

Any pics? I originally wanted the blue leather loop but it seemed too bright and I wanted a darker blue like the modern buckle or the modern buckle on the edition shade of blue.

Motocrossed

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
I ordered the 42mm SS with black sports band. After reading some of the posts from people who tried on the Milanese strap, I decided to purchase that as well.

Quahog

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2010

I couldn't decide which model... almost downgraded to the Sport, til I realized it had glass instead of sapphire.

I ended up ordering the SS with black sport strap last night at 3:03AM. Delivery says 4/24-5/8. Then today I ordered the milanese strap separately... I've seen and heard a lot of good things, so I figured I'd at least get on the "list", and delivery currently says "May".

I'm going to want at least two straps anyway. Milanese when I work out once per month, and the other for every day use. I've also read the sport straps do not fit and hug your wrist as well.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I've wanted a Milanese from the start but it would seem it's too small for my wrist. So I've just gone with a black sport band for now. I'm going to go to my nearest Apple Store soon as I can though and see if I can squeeze into it. If I can it's getting bought. The strap, not the shop, pretty sure I can fit in the shop.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I have pre-ordered the SS with bright blue leather loop, and 2 extra sport bands, one white and the other black, if I like them I might get a blue one and if I love the leather loop I might buy the brown at a later date.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Any pics? I originally wanted the blue leather loop but it seemed too bright and I wanted a darker blue like the modern buckle or the modern buckle on the edition shade of blue.

Sorry I didn't take any. I was trying to make sure I used my time efficiently to try on as many combinations as possible. I figured there are already loads of pictures and more will be posted by others. I would suggest that anyone who is able to make a reservation and check out the watch models and bands in person. Pictures and videos don't really do the watches and bands justice to be honest.

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
I preordered with the milanese loop and then ordered a pink sport band separately. When the dust settles, I will probably get a pink modern buckle also, but I want to be able to try it on and make sure it will fit my wrist first. Figured the milanese loop was a sure as the first band bet based on the sizing capability.

Mythicstatus2

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2015
Toronto
When preorders started i ordered a 42SS with a white sports band.

I just came from my try on appointment at the store and because i like the milanese so much i just ordered it as well. I think its the best looking band of them all and the fit and finish is spectacular.

No hesitation on my part.

EvilDucktator

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
Is it just me or does this like something that could work? Being that the connector at the top of the screen isn't THAT big. The anodised Space Grey is kind of that middle ground between white and black anyway *shrug*

2ce5kpf.jpg

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
I bought a 38mm with Milanese loop but also purchased a white band for exercise. I *might* buy a midnight blue modern buckle at some point, but $250 is a lot for a band, even one as sexy as that.

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
I immediately ordered a green elastomer strap alongside the black classic buckle version of the stainless steel watch.

I think it's marginally cheaper to buy the more expensive strap in the initial watch purchase than to buy it as an add-on which is why I purchased this way round.

Also, since the watch with the leather band on initial launch would sell-out less quickly than the one with the elastomer band this seems to have kept me with a first batch shipping date.

I toyed with the idea of the Milanese loop but I wanted to let other people report if it plucks out your arm hair :D

James Manesh

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2014
I'll be picking up the Sport version. I might indulge in the Leather Loop down the road. It felt really nice when I tried it on this morning.

Remember, Apple will most likely announce new straps and materials down the road so look out for those as well.

DynaFXD

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
East Coast
I got the 42 SS Classic buckle. It looks good for work/formal attire. Based on reports saying that a snug fit was needed to get good biometric sensor contact I also picked up a black sports band for every day and gym use. I'll wait to see what the after market brings for other, less costly, options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.