Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elleana

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2009
Actually I don't see whats sad about it. Less time spent browsing the app store and waiting for apps to download = more time spent actually using the iPad.

Personally I've picked up plants v zombies, pages, and a couple of other apps. I know theres no way they were going to have a price drop before Friday so I figured, why not.

BWOracle

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
So far, I've downloaded 69 iPad specific apps and 18 universal.

Many are paid, many are free. I'm not even sure which are which anymore. Some are double or triple functionality (I have 3 weather apps, 5 note taking apps and 2 additional browsers), I'll see which ones I end up liking best.

Like the OP I don't get my 3G until tomorrow, so it's tough to know which are the must have apps yet. I'm sure Pages and Numbers will be key for me and I'm really looking forward to Mirror's Edge (those are also the most expensive apps I've bought so far).

And I thought I might have gone overboard. I bought 58 since Sunday (some paid and some free) in addition to the 140 I already have on my iPhone. Mine span from games to productivity apps. Unlike my iPhone, I really intend to take advantage of the business productivity capabilities. My 3G arrives tomorrow as well.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Most of the apps are inexpensive enough it really doesn't matter if something drops a couple bucks in a week or two or whatever.

I purchased and downloaded about a dozen apps or so ... mostly to guarantee I'd be able to use them once my iPad arrives. I have no idea how many people are going to be getting their new devices tomorrow/Saturday/Sunday and I didn't want to risk the App Store being overwhelmed with new orders / slow downloads, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.